I knew by delaying sending this note until today rather than yesterday that the weather forecast for Friday would improve – which it has!
So we are all geared up for the last Junior Friday Night of the season – bar open as usual from 5.30pm, plenty of sausages and chips courtesy of Jackie and junior training starting at 6pm.
Please come and join us!
Wine and Wickets is This Friday from 6.30pm
After the wash-out for the last 2 Fridays ……
The prosecco and all drinks are on ice and the team are ready – Wine and Wickets will start at 6.30pm ……. so enough time to relax beforehand!
It doesn’t matter if you have never even picked up a bat or a ball or are a hidden professional. The session is for everyone and, based on previous experience, will be a huge amount of fun!
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible – if you need any more details please contact Kelly Luscombe – kellyluscombe
The End of an Era
Last weekend was Jackie Bradley’s last 1st XI Home Cricket Tea – this is genuinely the end of an era with Jackie having done teas (and more often that not more than the 1st XI, so 2nd XI, junior teams, Sunday teams, friendly games, touring games …… I could keep on going!) for ……. over 30 years!! In itself this is a massive achievement and one to be very proud about – but it’s more than that, much more than that!
Jackie’s teas are legendary – last year one of the Somerset players took photos of the tea and sent it back to the Somerset staff suggesting they could learn something ……. his feedback was "that has just taken teas to the next level". Even last week, when we hosted Devon Over 60’s vs Hampshire, they asked for "an ordinary tea" and got something absolutely "extraordinary". They were amazed!
Don’t worry though too much……. Jackie will be continuing with Friday nights ….. This year Jackie has already served over 2,000 portions of chips! …… multiply that over the years ………..
Jackie – on behalf of everyone at the club, thank you!
Under 19’s in Devon Finals
Our Under 19 Team are playing in the Devon T20 Finals day on Saturday 9th September at Cornwood starting at 10am – support is very welcome!
· Junior Awards Evening will be on Friday 8th September at the pavilion at 6pm – more details to follow
………………and finally, Lost Property
We now have a sizable hoard of Lost Property, listed below with a photo. It will be out on Friday evening so please come and reclaim anything which belongs to you!
Anything unclaimed before the end of the season will be donated to charity/put into our club kit store
· 2 maroon Tesco camping chairs
· 9 water bottles
· 3 caps (one of which S/M Bovey cap)
· 3 Tupperware containers with lids
· 1 hard plastic tray
· 1 phone case, clear
· 1 medium boys, VX3 top
· 1 large, black padded gilet
· 1 men’s medium North face black fleece
· 1 underarmour black medium jacket.
· 1 boys Slazenger cricket vest.
· 1 age 11/12 Gray Nichols whites
· 1 Slazenger, medium black hoodie.
· 1 age 8 Brooklyn black hoodie
· 1 medium boys, Exeter Chiefs black hoodie.
· 1 navy blue Nike Childs hoodie.
· 1 Mountain Life, black, Large hoodie
· 1 small H&M, Hoodie, pink
· 1 age 9/10 Ashmore junior hockey club purple top
· 1 aero XS right-handed, thigh pads,
· 1 Next black Mickey Mouse top age 10
· 1 Fat Willy, Surf Shack, Camo Hoodie Age 12/13,
· 1 black, medium sports T-shirt, no brand.
· 1 Adidas navy blue XS shorts.
· 1 black/white Childs Adidas zip top
· 1 large University of Plymouth cricket club long sleeve top
· 1 Merlin wool cricket jumper. Size 42
· 1 black sock
· 3 pairs sunglasses (1 pink, 1 grey and 1 brown).
Chairman Bovey Tracey Cricket Club
Mobile 07986 997006