So this will be our last weekly update for this season ……….. there will be a few specials to follow with important updates/to keep you up to date with news and our plans for 2024……..
Thank you to everyone for your support this summer. It won’t be long until it is summer again!
Please see below – help needed please this Saturday for a couple of hours to put the club to bed
Here’s what has happened this week!
Junior Awards Night
Congratulations to all our junior award winners for 2023 – last Friday we heard so many fantastic stories about the season. Thank you also to all the Junior Managers who have done a brilliant job organising training and matches and giving all the children an opportunity to shine.
A special "round of applause" for Ash Causey who has overseen all our junior activities this year as well as ensuring all coaching sessions were covered with club volunteer coaches – great job!
Thank you to Mark Lockett for taking photos which you can find on his website – BTCC Junior Awards 2023
Under 13 Girls Win Their Division
Congratulations to the Under 13 Girls who won their division and came runners up in the Devon Hardball league last weekend – a massive achievement!
Well done to all the team and Ash Roots for the artistic photo!
Putting the Square to Bed
This week we "put the square to bed" – a short way of saying, it has been completely refurbished, flattened and re-seeded in 2 days of non-stop work and then fenced – the grass will start to grow over the coming weeks and then throughout the winter we will be fertilising to ensure it is well prepared for next season – work on the square never stops!
Help Needed on Saturday
We are planning to complete a number of tasks to put the rest of the club to bed this Saturday
– sight screens dismantled
– nets taken down
– covers/hoses off covers
– safety netting curtains down
– benches away
If we get enough people there we could complete it on Saturday morning in a couple of hours – reward will come in the form of bacon sandwiches and/or homemade cakes!
If you can spare some time please could you let Tony know if you are available to help
Tony England – 07702775549
The winter programme will then begin, including painting the front of the pavilion, refurbishing some of the benches and upgrading 2 of the nets. The Ground Team meets every Wednesday morning throughout the winter months, so if you do have a couple of hours to spend we are always on the look out for volunteers! Reward (again!!) comes in the form of cakes at 11am!!
and finally ……………….
BTCC Annual Awards and Dinner is Back!!
After a 3 year absence, we are absolutely delighted to confirm that we will be holding a Club Dinner and Awards evening on Saturday 21st October at 7pm at Dainton Golf Club
We are hugely grateful to Marty and Cath Causey who are organising – please contact Marty or Cath to book tickets
Payment for tickets please to be made by Bank Transfer to the Clubs Bank Account before the dinner
Account Name – Bovey Tracey Cricket Club
Sort Code – 51-81-21
Account Number – 85535664
Please put the payment reference as your name and number of tickets (eg Bishop 2)
……… and finally finally ………….
Last Call for Lost Property
We now have a sizable hoard of Lost Property, listed below with a photo. Please come and reclaim anything which belongs to you in the next week.
Anything unclaimed after that will be donated to charity/put into our club kit store
· 2 maroon Tesco camping chairs
· 9 water bottles
· 3 caps (one of which S/M Bovey cap)
· 3 Tupperware containers with lids
· 1 hard plastic tray
· 1 phone case, clear
· 1 medium boys, VX3 top
· 1 large, black padded gilet
· 1 men’s medium North face black fleece
· 1 underarmour black medium jacket.
· 1 boys Slazenger cricket vest.
· 1 age 11/12 Gray Nichols whites
· 1 Slazenger, medium black hoodie.
· 1 age 8 Brooklyn black hoodie
· 1 medium boys, Exeter Chiefs black hoodie.
· 1 navy blue Nike Childs hoodie.
· 1 Mountain Life, black, Large hoodie
· 1 small H&M, Hoodie, pink
· 1 age 9/10 Ashmore junior hockey club purple top
· 1 aero XS right-handed, thigh pads,
· 1 Next black Mickey Mouse top age 10
· 1 Fat Willy, Surf Shack, Camo Hoodie Age 12/13,
· 1 black, medium sports T-shirt, no brand.
· 1 Adidas navy blue XS shorts.
· 1 black/white Childs Adidas zip top
· 1 large University of Plymouth cricket club long sleeve top
· 1 Merlin wool cricket jumper. Size 42
· 1 black sock
· 3 pairs sunglasses (1 pink, 1 grey and 1 brown).
We hope you winter well ……………
Chairman Bovey Tracey Cricket Club
Mobile 07986 997006